Thursday, May 21, 2009

who what when why how

who what when why how

I stopped dreaming again
I'm not sure when
I locked it down
the passion that filled my days
the fire that burned so brightly
back behind an iron wall

I stopped feeling love again
I'm not sure why
I put it away
the joy I let fill my heart
the glue that holds the cracks together
cast aside like a broken toy

I stopped living again
I'm not sure how
I fake it well
stringing together moments to fill the void
choosing numbness over pain or joy
once so full I could feel my skin fighting to contain it all

I stopped believing again
I'm not sure in who
I want it back
the knowledge that this is perfect
the truth that this is where I want to be
needing to be here and now


I stopped fighting again
I'm not sure what
I will fight
for being a part of my own magic
for living the in present moment
knowing it is the only one that matters
secure the love is worth it

No comments: